KM1W / W1KM notebook
As a city dweller, I don't have a location suitable for a contest station. Greg Cronin W1KM has welcomed me to his team. Not only do the operators get to enjoy his excellent location, but also we work together to maintain and improve the site. I hope the notes in this section of my Open Notebook can help others solve engineering and operating challenges similar to those we experience -- and we welcome feedback and suggestions for improvements. As always, both these wiki pages and the station itself are a work-in-progress. – K3NA
Station engineering goals:
- top-tier competitive performance.
- SO2R or multi-multi with minimal reconfiguration time.
- remote access for casual DXing.
- top-tier results with a limited crew of experienced operators.
- Single-op contest entries: Operators at Greg's station use their personal calls.
- Multi-op contest entries:
- before 2010: callsign of one of the participating operators was chosen.
- after 2010 Jan: KM1W.