To be the premier source of high-quality, peer-reviewed information on all aspects of ham radio contesting, for beginners and experienced contesters.
- To create, organize and provide ready access to excellent articles on all topics touching on contesting.
- To encourage continual improvement of these articles, through peer review and revision utilizing the wiki process.
- To preserve and provide access to pre-existing articles from diverse sources that might otherwise be lost through the usual processes of attrition.
- Publicize the Contesting Compendium’s goals and progress toward them as widely as possible, both to stimulate readership and to encourage contributions.
- Assemble an excellent “staff” of volunteer subject-area editors who will lead in the creation of original articles and solicit input from recognized experts.
- Identify pre-existing articles that should be preserved and/or used as “feedstock” for the original content of the Contesting Compendium. Link to them and, to the extent possible, secure permission to republish them as a part of the Contesting Compendium’s resource base, thereby ensuring that they will not be lost.
- Provide a platform for recording details of research and development work in progress on any topic relevant to contesting (i.e., on-line lab notebook), in order to (a) invite comments on direction and interim results, (b) record techniques, and (c) capture a chronological record for attribution.